Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Areas: Econometric theory; Applied econometrics; Chinese economic problems
PHD: Econometrics, School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University.
M.A.: Econometrics, Renmin University of China (Sino-US Joint Master Program).
B.A.: Mathematics, Wuhan University (Formerly Wuhan University of Water Conservancy and Electric Power)
Theory and application of econometrics, Theory and application of non-stationary time series model, Financial econometrics, China's economy, etc.
Associate professor in June 1993;
Professor in January 1996;
Professor, School of Economics, HUST in 2002.
1. "Introductory Econometrics (Fourth Edition)", Wang Shaoping, Adaptation, 2014-5-1, Higher Education Press, ISBN: 978-7-04-039594-5.
2. "Econometrics", Wang Shaoping, Yang Jisheng, Ouyang Zhigang, June 2011, Higher Education Press, ISBN: 978-7-04-031638-4.
3. "Business and Economic Mathematics (Fifth Edition)", Wang Shaoping, Peng Fangping, Yang Jisheng. Translation, 2008-3-1, Machinery Industry Press, ISBN: 7-111-23455-5.
4. "Applied Econometrics (Fifth Edition)", Wang Shaoping, Yang Jisheng, Ouyang Zhigang,etc, Adaptation, 2007-1-1, Machinery Industry Press, ISBN: 7-111-20608-8
5. "Frontier Theory and Application of Macro Measurement", Wang Shaoping, 2003-8-1, Nankai University Press, ISBN: 7-310-01967-9.
6. "Non-equilibrium econometric model study", Wang Shaoping, 1994-12-1, Wuhan Publishing House, ISBN: 7-5430-1076-3.
1. A New Unit Root Test based on F-statistic in ESTAR Framework, Shaoping Wang, Jiyu Yu, forthcoming,2017.
2. Two simple tests of the trend hypothesis under time-varying variance, Yangyang, Shaoping Wang, working paper. 2017
3. PPP test for Asian countries and regions: new evidence from a wild bootstrap AESTAR test, Shaoping Wang, Yangyang, Applied Economic Letter, 25 Oct, 2016.
4. Estimating Dynamic Binary Panel Data Model with Random Effect: A Computational Note Yu Gang , Wang Weigou,Wang Shaoping, Computational Economics,31, August 2016.
5. Factor-augmented regression models with structural change, Shaoping Wang, Guowei Cui, Kunpeng Li, Economics Letters, volume 130, May 2015, Pages 124-127.
6. A generalized nonlinear IV unit root test for panel data with cross-sectional dependence, Wang Shaoping,
Yangjisheng, et al., volume 157, Issue 1,Pages 101-109.
7. Uncertainty and investment evidence from a panel of Chinese firms, Abdul-Haque, Wang Shaoping, volume 19, Issue 3, 2008, pp237-248.
8. Chinese Inflationary Dependence Cycle, Social Sciences in China, Wang Shaoping, Sun Xiaotao, 2013 (05): 106-124.
9. Threshold Effect of Urban-rural Income Gap on Real Economic Growth in China, Social Sciences in China, Wang Shaoping, Ouyang Zhigang, 2008 (02).
Representative Articles in Chinese:
1. Chinese Inflationary Dependence Cycle, Social Sciences in China, 2013/05.
2. The Sign of BN Cycle Component and the Real Cycle of Chinese GDP, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2013/04.
3. The Cowles Foundation's Contribution to Econometrics, Economics Information, 2013/02: 88-96.
4. Macroeconomic Composition and Impact of Chinese CPI, Economic Research, 2012 (12): 29-41.
5. The Sources of Chinese Fluctuations in Classified Index Inflation, and their Nature, Management World, 2012/08.
6. On the Capacity Cultivation in Econometrics Teaching, Education Research, 2012/07.
7. A Study of Generalized Breitung Nonparametric Unit Root Test, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2012/05.
8. Inflation Expectation and Inflation Sticky in China, Statistical Research, 2011/01.
9. The Experience of Official Revision on Statistical Data, Statistical Research, 2010/10.
10. Chinese Core Inflation Rate and Its Dynamic Adjustment Behavior, Journal of World Economy, 2009/11.
11. Inflation Inertia Structure Change of China and Its Implication, Statistical Research, 2009/05.
12. Trend Tendency Decomposition of Chinese GDP and Stochastic Shock Persistence Effects, Economic Research, 2009/04.
13. Conditional GMM Estimator for Nonlinear Dynamic Panel Data Model, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2008/12.
14. Chinese Share Merger Reform and the Nonlinear Persistence of Stock Market Fluctuation, Journal of World Economy, 2008/03.
15. Nonparametric Test of Fisher Effect in China, Statistical Research, 2008/03.
16. Threshold Effect of Urban-Rural Income Gap on Real Economic Growth in China, Social Sciences in China, 2008/03.
17. The Measurement of Urban-rural Income Gap and Its Effect on Economic Growth in China, Economic Research, 2007/10.
18. The Size Distortion and Correction for Seemingly Unrelated Dynamic Cointegrating Regression, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2007/10.
19. The Applicability of the Expected Phillips Curve to China, Economics Information, 2007/01.
20. Effects of FDI on China's Trade and Regional Disparities: An Analysis Based on Dynamic Panel Data Model, Journal of World Economy, 2006/08.
21. Nonlinear Conversion of Chinese Inflation and Deflation, Economics Research, 2006/08.
22. Long-term Strategies and Short-term Measures for Industrial Energy Adjustment in China -- Cointegration Analysis Based on the Energy Demand of 12 Major Industrial Sectors, Social Sciences in China, 2006/04.
23. Specification and Restriction Test for Cointegration Vectors :An Empirical Analysis for Chinese Money-income Ratio, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2006/04.
24. The Modification to Bias of IV Unit Root Tests in Panels, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2006/02.
25. The Median -Unbiased Estimation and It's Calculation Based on the Bootstrap Simulation, The Journal of Quantitative & Technical Economics, 2005/11.
26. Cointegration Analysis of Chinese Money Demand and Its Monetary Policy Proposal, Economic Research, 2004/07.
27. Current Situation and Prospect of Macro Econometrics, Economics Information, 2003/09.
28. Structural Change and the Empirical Analysis of RMB Exchange Rate, Journal of World Economy, 2003/08.
29. The Expected Phillips Curve and Its Applicability to China, Social Sciences in China, 2001/04.
30. The Characteristics of GNP in China, the United States and Japan and their Comparison, Journal of World Economy, 2001/01.
31. Review of the academic contribution of 2000 Nobel Economic Laureate Heckman and McFadden, Economics Information, 2000/11.
32. Tendency and Cycle of Chinese Real GNP, Economic Research, 1999/07.
33. Economics and Econometrics in the 21st Century, Economics Information, 1998/07.
34. New Trends in Economic Forecasting Research in Foreign Countries, Economics Information, 1995/12.
35. The Development of Three Branches of Western Economics, 1994/12.
Selected Research Programs
1. National Natural Science Foundation Program: Theory and Application Research on Moderate Deviation, Bubble, Unit Root Test with Determinant Trend and Structure Change: Evidence for Reforming Supplies Side and Monitoring Financial Markets.
2. Key and Special Program of HUST Social Science: Theory and Application Research on Moderate Deviation, Bubble, Unit Root Test with Determinant Trend and Structure Change: Evidence for Reforming Supplies Side and Monitoring Financial Markets.
3. National Social Science Foundation Program: Research on Chinese Emission Reduction and Urban-rural Economics.
4. National Natural Science Foundation Program: Nonlinear Cointegration and its Application to Chinese Economics.
5. National Social Science Foundation Program: Theory and Application of Panel Data Unit Root and Cointegration.